Do you get tempted to click the unknown download links? You may see an appealing advertisement popping up on the screen, but clicking on it may be risky because it carries viruses and malware. Additionally, there is always a chance that a hacker is waiting to dive into your private and sensitive details to find the bank account number, credit card details, and even financial reports. In a nutshell, internet security has become a MUST! You need to protect your computer from the harmful viruses while you are downloading or browsing.
In order to avoid identity theft, malware, spam and hacker activity, you need the best antivirus, antitheft and antimalware software. When we talk about the best security software, Norton is considered to be the best in the industry. If you have already purchased the product, your computer/laptop/phone is in safe hands.
You can download Norton setup easily and we’ll help you do that. Here’s a post which talks about downloading, installing and activating the product code. As a beginner, you may get frantic with all the technical jargon. But, if you think about it – it requires a step-by-step approach. Once you follow all the steps carefully, you can install, download and activate it all by yourself.
What you need:
- Norton internet security product
- Speedy and stable internet connection
- An updated operating system
- Few minutes on hand
- The activation code
Before we move to important aspects, it is necessary for you to know that the activation code is a 25-digit product code which is mentioned behind the retail card. If you are buying it online, you will get it straight to your inbox. If you bought it from a retail store, check the back of the card.
A genuine product will have the unique 25-digit code. This is extremely important for the activation process.
Let us cut to the chase and explain the steps to activate, install and download Norton antivirus setup.
The Process of Downloading, Installing and Activating the Product Code
In order to install Norton setup, you would need to follow few simple steps.
- Firstly, you must visit Norton.com/Setup.
- You must click on ‘enter product key’.
- You will be redirected to a login or ‘create an account’ page. If you have an account on Norton, login with your credentials. If you do not have an account on this, you can simply create an account.
- For a new account, type your email address, first name, last name, mobile number, country and set a strong password. Make sure that the password is strong and unique. Click on ‘create account’. Norton will send you an email with the verification link. Click on the link to verify your email address and login to your new account. Use the www.norton.com/setup to sign in with the new details.
Redeeming/Activating the Product Key
- If you have not used the 25-digit product as of yet, you would need to type it in the next page. You will need to fill ‘enter new product key’ space with the 25-digit code.
- Now click on ‘agree and download’.
Here’s how you can download Norton setup:
- If you are using Chrome, you will see the file downloaded at the bottom-left. On Firefox, you will see a ‘download’ option. Click on this to download the software. For Internet explorer browser, you would need to click on ‘Run’. It depends on the browser you are using. You will see different commands on the screen.
- Once the software has downloaded, double click on it and follow the instructions on-screen.
- Your Norton setup is complete.
Are you buying a LEGIT Norton Antivirus?
A lot of misleading advertisements will claim that they will give you a free trial. Listen to our virtual voice carefully! Buying the product will give you access to the product key. This means that the product is legit! In order to reap the benefits and gain full access to the services offered by the brand, you need to invest in the original product with the activation product key.
You can either go to an online store or can easily find it offline in the retail stores near you. In case you have any technical issues, you can always contact the Norton support as they are always up for helping you. They have a 24×7 support, who takes full care of your technical queries.
System Requirements for Installing Norton Security
Before you can install the product on your system, your system would require the basic preconditions.
We have listed the prerequisites below –
- Operating systems – Windows XP (THE 32-bit versions), Vista, 7, 10, 8 and 8.1 Windows 10 S will not be counted in 10.
- Hard disk space should be 300 MB.
- RAM – 512 MB for Windows Vista, 256 MB for XP, 1 GB for Windows 8 and 7, 2 GB for 10.
- The supported browsers are – Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Internet Explorer (32-bit and the 64-bit for all). Do note that the on-screen download commands will be different for every browser. We have mentioned the commands above. They will help you to figure out as to where you will find the commands. In case you are not able to find the downloaded file, you can check the ‘downloads’. If you do not find it still, repeat the steps again to download the software.
- Processor – 1 GHz for Windows Vista/7/8 and 10, 300 MHz for XP
- Your internet connection should be fast. This is because you are downloading the product from an online source. When an individual buys a CD or DVD, they can simply insert it and the slow internet connection will not cause any hindrance. However, when you are buying it online, you would require a speedy connection which is stable.
Now that you are aware of the prerequisites, installation, downloading and activating steps, it will be easy for you to get the software on your system. You are just one-step away from protecting your computer/laptop/phone from all possible threats.